After you sign the Independent Contractor Agreement:
Now that you have signed your ICA and paid the join fee, it's time to transfer your license to Real!
To transfer your existing license to Real, follow these steps:
- Login to your MyLREC Portal account. After logging in, select either the "License Maintenance Forms" or the "Supervisor" tab from the sidebar options.
- You will see options for two forms in your sidebar. Select the Terminate and Transfer Supervision form. This allows you to terminate your current supervision, indicate who you will be supervised by going forward, pay the transfer fee, and indicate what E&O Coverage you will use.
- This allows you to terminate your current supervision, indicate who you will be supervised by going forward, pay the transfer fee, and indicate what E&O Coverage you will use. Use the following new broker information:
- If joining as a Residential Agent: Real Broker, LLC - License number 995694725
- If joining as Referral Only: Real Broker LFRO, LLC - License number 995715426
- The termination of the current supervision relationship will occur immediately upon submission of the form, and they will receive an email confirming the termination. Your license status will be changed to "Inoperable" under your transfer has been finalized. You are responsible for checking your status before practicing real estate. Your status can be found on your MyLREC Portal and will change from"Inoperable" to "Active" once the transfer is completed.
- You can also check the status of your supervision by selecting the "Supervisor" tab in your MyLREC Portal. Here you will either see the requested broker listed as your current supervisor or the message "Supervision is pending acceptance by the broker."
To apply for a new real estate license, follow these steps:
- Review the Louisiana Real Estate Commission Salesperson Pre-Licensing Checklist to help you navigate the process of obtaining a salesperson license.
- After passing both portions of the exam, complete the top portion of the Initial Real Estate License Application - Part B Supervision Affidavit and then send to your designated broker, Wendy Leblanc, for signature at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once this form is completed and signed, order your Background Check in your MyLREC Portal, turn in the supervision affidavit and proof/payment of your E&O Insurance coverage.
After completing the above steps:
Your Designated Broker, Wendy Leblanc, and Onboarding Coordinator will receive notification to approve the transfer in their MyLREC Portal. Please note that per LREC, transfers cannot be processed on the same day as terminations. While the termination will take place immediately, the transfer will not take place until the following calendar day, even if Wendy immediately approves the request.
New to Real? Look out for your welcome email once your license transfer is complete. This will include your Post-Onboarding Instructions, details on our Onboarding class, link to our Marketing Center and more!
Already a Real agent? Please email email@example.com and our support team will add your license to your existing reZEN account.