After you sign the Independent Contractor Agreement:
Now that you have signed your ICA and paid the join fee, it's time to transfer your license to Real!
- If you are licensed as an agent, please Request Sponsorship
- If you are licensed as a Broker, please skip to Licensed Brokers: Changing your Business Physical Address
Please log in to your TREC account and follow these steps:
- In the Quick Start Menu, you should see your license number outlined in green in the middle of the page with "<Choose a Function>"
- Choose "Manage my Sponsorships" and click "next"
- If joining as Residential Agent: Type “9003138” in the license number box and click “apply filter”
- If joining as Referral Only Agent: Type “9013940” in the license number box and click “apply filter”
- Click “Request Sponsorship” then press “Next”
- Click “Next” on the following page, and then “Submit”
If you are forming a team or coming over as a team lead, you must also Register your Team Name
Licensed Brokers: Changing your Business Physical Address
To change your business physical address, log into your TREC Online Licensing Service account. From the Start Menu page, click on the dropdown menu under the "Change your license information and manage relationships" category and do the following:
- Click "Change/Verify Contact Information" and click "Select"
- Read the information on the "Change/Verify Contact Information" introduction page and click “Next”
Update contact information and “Place of Business” address on the Contact Information page and click "Next" to
- if Residential Agent: Real Broker LLC 2626 Cole Avenue Suite 300 Dallas, TX 75204
- if Referral Only Agent: Real Broker LFRO LLC 2626 Cole Avenue Suite 300 Dallas, TX 75204
- Verify contact information on the Application Summary page and click “Submit”
- On the Statement of Applicant page, select "Yes" to certify the address information is accurate and correct, and click "Next" to process the request
Registering your Team Name
Registering your team name with Real is a separate process from registering your team with TREC.
- You must verify the team name you want to use is available with TREC and meets their team name requirements.
You may choose whatever team name you'd like, however it must:
- end in Team or Group,
- be available in TREC
- and be approved by your Managing Broker, Michael Yarrito.
- Note: If you previously registered your Team name through another Broker, it would be best to make a request to your previous Broker to terminate their registration; otherwise, this will create confusion with the public.
- For marketing purposes, you are required to match your team name with what is in our system at Real.
How to Register:
- Review TREC's team name requirements and confirm your name complies with all requirements.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your proposed DBA name.
- First your Broker will approve.
- Then, you will need to complete the Registration with TREC. All TREC related updates and inquiries must go directly to TREC at 512-936-3000.
- Lastly, our Support team will update your name in our systems.
After completing the above steps:
Your Designated Broker, Michael Yarrito, and the Onboarding Coordinator will receive a message from the Texas Real Estate Commission to confirm the transfer.
New to Real? Look out for your welcome email once your license transfer is complete. This will include your Post-Onboarding Instructions, details on our Onboarding class, link to our Marketing Center and more!
Already a Real agent? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will add your license to your existing reZEN account.