Your sponsor is the person who introduced you to Real whereas your Team Lead is typically someone you work with on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis to grow and manage your Real Estate business.
Your sponsor may be different from your team lead - though it's also possible they are the same. See below to understand the similarities and differences:
|Someone you work with on a week-to-week basis to build your real estate business and close deals.
|The person who introduced you to Real.
|How it works:
Typically, you pay a % fee to your team lead for each transaction closed in exchange for their guidance, leadership, and possibly leads / referrals. This is defined in your Team Agreement and comes out of your portion of the commission.
You can change your team lead by moving to another team or leaving the team and becoming a solo agent - Joining, Leaving or Changing Teams
Your Sponsor earns Revenue Share based on deals you close. This comes out of the Split to Real (not your portion of the commission).
You can't change your Sponsor. This person is identified by you when you sign your ICA.
|Team Lead Addendum on File with Real
|Listed as Sponsor or co-Sponsor in ICA when you join
Your Sponsor will:
- Introduce you to Real, explain how the brokerage works, and potential benefits;
- Guide you through the sign-up & onboarding process;
- Help you to meet other agents at Real; and
- Provide informal mentorship.
See: What is a Sponsor?
Every Team Lead is different, so work with your Team Lead to find the right style / relationship for you.
Examples of how your Team Lead may help you include:
- Provide more formal mentorship, career development, guidance and leadership;
- Work with you on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis on your real estate business
- Provide leads or referrals and/or help you build your client base.
- Share resources (e.g. office space, marketing budget, tools & systems)
- You do not pay revenue share to your Sponsor or other upline agents. Learn more: What is Revenue Share?
- Revenue Share is paid for by Real (out of the 15% split to Real) - not from your commission.
- Any payments to your team lead are governed by your Team Agreement and are paid from your commission directly to the team lead. This can be setup in reZEN. Learn more: How do I add co-agents, team members, or a team lead to a deal?