Before Conveyance, your deal needs to be reviewed and approved by your Broker.
Just to re-cap, you've completed the following:
- Step 1: Enter your deal in reZEN - Canada
- Step 2: Upload Documents to Checklist - Canada
- Step 3: Deposit Trust Cheques - Canada (if our side is holding Trust deposit)
Now it's time to get Broker Approval:
What is Broker Approval?
Every transaction needs to be reviewed and approved by your Provincial Broker. Your Provincial Broker makes sure all required documents are uploaded and compliant.
- If your transaction says waiting for all broker-required checklist items to be uploaded and accepted, you need to work with your Broker to Verify Compliance.
- If your transaction says Compliant, you can move to Step 5: Approve Commission & Trade Record Sheet - Canada
You can also see which transactions have been marked compliant by going to My Transactions in reZEN and looking at the "Marked Compliant?" column on the right.
How do I get Broker Approval?
Step 1: Please upload all required documents to your Transaction Checklist
- Need help uploading documents? See Step 2: Upload Documents to Checklist - Canada
- Once a file is uploaded successfully, the status will change to Pending . This means the document is ready for your Broker to review.
- Your Broker will receive a notification and review the document for compliance.
- If you see Revision Requested , your Broker rejected one of your documents. You will see a note next to the item indicating why it was rejected (e.g. missing signature, wrong document) so you know what you need to fix.
- If your Broker believes additional documentation is required - based on the conditions of the sale, he/she may ask you to upload additional documentation.
- Make sure you have your notifications turned on so you receive email and push updates if a document is rejected. See: How to Turn on Transaction Notifications.
You and your broker can communicate directly with you using the in-app communications feature. You can see comments on specific checklist items. Learn more: How to communicate with your broker & Real on a transaction
Step 2: Confirm all required documents have been Accepted by your Broker. Once your Broker approves the document, the status will change to Accepted.
That's it! Once all required documents are approved by your Broker, the status at the top of your transaction will change to Compliant. You will see the status below and can proceed to Step 5: Approve Commission & Trade Record Sheet - Canada