Welcome to Real!
How to Transfer your License to Real
To get started, all agents must:
- Go to https://bolt.therealbrokerage.com/register and fill out an application. Need help with these steps? How to Join Real
- Sign the Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA)
- Pay a fee to Join Real.
- Once this is complete, you must register with Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC). These steps will depend whether you are:
- Join a Board:
- Transfer Listings
- Set up DDF Feed
How to Register with Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC):
If you are transferring from another brokerage:
- Fill out the Transfer Application Form with registered name or PREC
- Print and sign the form (must be wet signature)
- Ensure correct Branch office address for application:
- Suite 300, 330 St. Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3Z5
- Unit A, 824 18 St. Brandon, Manitoba R7A 587
- Print and Wet Sign with Pen.
- Scan and email the form to email@example.com
- Real's Broker will sign the form and who will email MSC and cc agent
- You must pay a $60 Fee as soon as Transfer Application Form is submitted. Complete the Payment form or deliver a cheque directly to MSC.
- Request a signed Resignation Letter of Good Standing from your previous Broker. Have them send this directly to MCS at Realestate@gov.mb.ca and WRREB firstname.lastname@example.org or BAR email@example.com
- If you have a Personal Real Estate Corporation (PREC):
- Email Broker at firstname.lastname@example.org informing of your PREC and Broker will email approval to MSC for PREC transfer.
- You must pay a $120 Fee (personal and PREC transfer of $60 each). Submit this with the Transfer Application Form by completing the Payment form or by cheque taken directly to MSC.
- Once your PREC is setup with MSC, please make sure to set this up properly in reZEN: How to Set-Up your PREC in the Real App - CAD.
Go to the next step: Join a Board.
If you are applying for New Registration:
Please note: it can take 2-3 weeks to process with MSC. Please complete all steps below:
- Fill out MSC Salesperson Registration Application and Criminal Record Check and arrange to meet with MB Broker email@example.com to wet-sign the Registration Application form at the office.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation all areas are correct.
- If there are changes requested by MSC, Agent makes changes and mails or drops off wet signed documents with changes at MSC office - only wet signed registration forms will be accepted by MSC.
- A $400 New Registration Fee is required (Payment form or cheque). Please submit this with your completed registration application form.
- If you want to register a Personal Real Estate Corporation (PREC):
- Fill out the MSC PREC Application Form and bring along with your incorporation documents to have the form wet signed when you meet with the Broker.
- There is an additional $400.00 fee for registering PREC paid by completing the Payment form or by cheque taken directly to MSC
- Fill out the MREA PREC Application and email to email@example.com
- If you registered as a PREC, please make sure to set this up properly in reZEN: How to Set-Up your PREC in the Real App - CAD.e
Go to the next step: Join a Board.
Join a Board:
Winnipeg Regional Real Estate Board (WRREB)
- Transferring Agents must complete a WRREB Notice of Engagement form and send to Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agents will be billed back any fees incurred from WRREB. These invoices will be itemized and sent to each agent monthly. (See Fee Sheet Here)
- New agents must complete WRREB Application For Salesperson form and send to Membership at email@example.com and pay Initiation fee of $1,147.28 by cheque or credit card directly to the board by the agent (Fee Sheet)
- PREC: IF you have PREC, you must complete a WRREB PREC Notification Form form and send to Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon and Area Realtors (BAR)
- Transferring agents must complete BAR Membership Transfer form. An agent transfer fee will be required by cheque ($25 + gst = $26.50) delivered to the board by the agent. (Delivered or dropped off with transfer form)
- New Agents require a completed BAR Membership Application Form New agent application fee will be required by cheque delivered to the board by the agent.
- Agent registration fee is a One-Time Joining Fee by cheque (Fee Sheet)
- PREC: IF you have PREC, you must complete a BAR PREC Notification form and send to Membership at email@example.com
Once your license transfer is complete and you joined your Board, you should receive a "Welcome to Real" email with the mandatory onboarding, training schedule, and next steps. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Existing Listings
If you have existing listings, see: How to load your listings on MLS in Manitoba
Set up DDF feed to have your listings on your website
- When REALTORS(R) would like to create a feed they will log into MEMBER.REALTOR.CA with their board credentials. Then select My Tools and Data Distribution Facility DDF®.
- Click the middle box Data Feeds and select the blue box, Add a Data Feed.
- In Step 1 they will select if they want their own listings or the Office listings by selecting the circle to the left.
- In Step 2 if they are using a provider they can skip right to step 3.
- In Step 3 in the search box type in the name of the provider. When they appear in the box below click on the left so the line highlights.
- In Step 4 add their website address.
- In Step 5 skip to the button and click to review. You will get a green summary screen.
- If everything is correct on the summary screen click save and an email will be sent to their provider advising them to put the listing on their site.
Meet your Broker - Susan Auch
Susan Auch has successfully helped clients buy and sell real estate for over two decades and has been a broker for 15 years. Susan has developed an intuitive feel for buying and selling real estate and she takes professional and personal pride in keeping her clients current with market trends and relevant news. With a huge variety of successful sales and purchases under her belt, Susan has developed an in-depth knowledge of the subtleties of effectively purchasing and selling real estate.
Susan’s competitive nature and her drive to work whenever it’s needed also stems from her high performance athletic background. She is a three time Olympic medalist and a five time Olympian on the Canadian Speed Skating Team! The perseverance that made Susan successful as an athlete transfers over to her career, giving her confidence that her clients will always be successful when working with her.
Manitoba Agent Resources
Please bookmark Manitoba Agent Resources. This is updated by your local Broker with key documents & templates, such as:
- Standard Clauses
- FINTRAC Information & Samples
- How to articles
- Training & Events
- Marketing Materials
- Standard Forms