Agent Attraction Code of Conduct
The Agent Attraction Code of Conduct is below - keep reading or click to download at the bottom.
The Real Brokerage is built upon a culture of fairness, opportunity, and collaboration for all agents. Being a Real agent means taking pride in Real’s core values of:
- Work hard. Be kind.
- Simply Great Service
- Embrace, Resolve, Evolve
- Make a Difference
Real agents aspire to grow a community of like-minded agents where no agent is left behind. As we grow, it is our responsibility to protect our culture and vision by adhering to this code of conduct. Failure to follow this code of conduct will erode what we have all collectively built together.
As licensed real estate agents, it is our duty to always be professional and ethical while assisting and serving clients. The following are expectations regarding your behavior as an agent for Real, specifically regarding the attraction of new agents. Note: A clear and egregious violation of this code of conduct will subject you to removal from the company.
- You are not to make any exclusive offers to any prospective agent in an effort to convince that agent to join Real. This would include offering any sort of incentive that is not offered to all prospective agents. You must treat all prospective agents the same way any other Real agent would treat that prospective agent. Any and all sponsor-provided offers or incentives may only be offered if extended to all agents and must be offered through, and meet the requirements of, Real’s approved processes. ________
- Real agents take pride in being part of a brokerage focused on real estate sales and production. As some recruiting techniques could damage this reputation, you are not allowed or permitted to personally participate in or hire a third party to do any of the following: cold calling, sly-dials/voicemails, direct messaging, texting and/or mass texting, emailing, to prospective agents who you have no previous relationship with. We encourage you to lead by production and prospective agents will reach out to you. ________
- You will support your fellow Real agents, regardless of whether a prospect chooses you as a sponsor or an agent is in your downline. ________
- You will not poach or entice a prospective agent from another Real agent. ________
- You will not allow “Sponsor Shopping” to occur. Sponsor Shopping is when a prospective agent speaks with many Real agents in an effort to find the best value or incentive as the determinative factor in naming a sponsor. Sponsor Shopping can create a negative impression of the brokerage and erode our culture. If a prospective agent is Sponsor Shopping, you should encourage the prospective agent to name the agent who initially influenced them to join Real. Additionally, you should remind the prospective agent that offers of value or incentives to join Real are strictly prohibited and ultimately Real may decline to affiliate with the prospective agent for Sponsor Shopping. ________
- You are to understand and respect a prospective agent's selection of a sponsor as the agent who through introduction and explanation of Real’s business model and potential benefits, in the agent’s determination, most influenced their decision to join Real. In the event that a prospective agent selects someone else as the sponsor and a dispute arises, you will kindly encourage the sponsored agent to contact the disputing party to explain their decision. ________
- You may only offer value-add incentives if you are a member of an approved registered team operating at Real and all members of the team must be provided with the same value-add incentives. These value-add incentives could include offering team members office space, leads, CRMs, signage, training, courses, etc. Team members must provide value back to the team leader through a commission split or an ongoing fee that relates to the value provided. If you are operating as a Marketing Group, you are not allowed to offer value-add incentives. ________
- Transparency is paramount. You are not to deceive or offer bait and switch training. Inviting prospective agents to join in-person or online training or events where people are promised something, but instead deliver a pitch to join Real, is not permitted. ________
- If you offer training or host events, in-person or online, you must clearly state that you will discuss joining Real at the event if that is the purpose of the event. Holding such events is a privilege and a responsibility. These events must not be used to offer exclusive incentives to prospective agents in order to name you as a sponsor, poach agents, or encourage the practice of Sponsor Shopping. These events are required to have prior written authorization from Real Broker. ________
- You may not form any groups outside Real Broker of Real agents connected through downlines if those groups exclude existing or future Real agents not connected through sponsorship trees or relationships. The One Real concept seeks to unite all agents of Real by creating an equal opportunity for knowledge, growth, and collaboration across the brokerage. ________
- You are to be collaborative, kind, and highly ethical in nature. Actions that show a disregard for fellow Real agents and employees and/or damage the reputation of the brokerage or fellow agents and employees will not be permitted. ________
- Real agents with larger networks in their revenue share structure will be held to a higher standard as their actions can influence the reputation and business of their fellow agents and the brokerage disproportionately. These agents will be encouraged to support the brokerage in upholding this code of conduct in their own actions and those of their network. ________
- Any of your actions found to have violated this Attraction Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and you will be subject to review or removal from the brokerage._______
This document, written by agents and for agents, aims to identify our core values, culture, and vision in our growth as a brokerage. If you have any doubt about whether or not your actions may violate a condition of this Attraction Code of Conduct, refrain from taking that action. If you have an attraction or recruitment approach that you are uncertain about, reach out to the company for discussion prior to implementing your plan.
You and all Real agents are encouraged to embody all our core values. One core value, Embrace, Resolve, Evolve is how you should respond should you break a condition of this Attraction Code of Conduct. If you have, you are encouraged to embrace our culture, resolve to change that action, and join us in building a community based on fairness, opportunity, and collaboration.
If you’ve observed a violation of another agent, you are encouraged to respectfully bring this issue to their attention. If not embraced and resolved, please report all instances to our compliance team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and trust that Real will take appropriate action to protect our culture for all agents.
Please reach out to the brokerage operations team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
I, _____________________________________, agree to follow this Agent Attraction Code of Conduct. I understand that if I do not follow these guidelines, I may be subject to disciplinary action which could include termination from Real or loss of any revenue share.