As a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: REAX), agents can build wealth with Real in 4 ways: stock purchase plan, capping awards, attracting awards, and Elite Agent stock awards.
Key things to know about the equity program:
- There are four ways to earn equity at Real: learn how to earn equity at Real.
- All agents are eligible to contribute: learn how to opt in.
- Once you opt in, Real will collect money toward your contributions. Real will not purchase stock until you have contributed $250. This is true for your first contribution as well as all subsequent contributions.
- All stock is purchased on the last day of the month, based on the closing price at the end of the month. See: when will I receive my equity?
- All stock is managed in Shareworks, a cloud-based equity management solution: How to view Equity (Stock).
- After your first stock purchase, you will receive an email from Shareworks to activate your Shareworks account. Please activate your account to manage your equity: how to activate my Shareworks account.
- You can see your equity in your Shareworks account on the 15th of the month following the purchase.
- Stock purchased via the SPP is subject to a waiting period, which means you must wait one year before you can sell the stock. If you leave Real, this stock stays with you, but you cannot sell until after the waiting period.
- SPP Bonus Awards, Attraction Awards, and Capping Awards are subject to a vesting period, which means you will remain with Real until the vesting period is satisfied and you own the stock outright. When you leave Real, all vested stock stays with you. Unvested stock is forfeited.
- See also: What is a vesting period? What is a waiting period?