Before you can send a document for Signature, you need to create & publish a template. If you haven't published a template, see: How do I create a template with Real Signature?
Learn how to send a document for signature in 30s - or keep reading for details
How to send a document for Signature:
Step 1: Click the paper airplane (send) icon on the template you want to send.
Step 2: You can add a listing or transaction. This is optional. If you associate it with a listing or transaction, the document will be sent to the transaction’s file cabinet once all signees have signed.
Step 3: Add Recipients (information for people who will sign the documents).
- For example, if you need a buyer to sign this document, add the name and email of your Buyer, then select "Buyer" as the role.
- If you have a second Buyer, add the name and contact, and select Buyer 2 as the role.
- Make sure you select the roles that correspond to the fields / signature blocks you created
Step 4: Add Sender information. By default, this is you. You can add a CC: (optional) if you want anyone to be copied on the emails and receive the completed documents.
- If you are on a team, you can enter your team member and send on behalf of the team member. The email requesting signature will be sent as if it came from that team member.
- For example, if you are an admin for a team, you can send documents from your account on behalf of an agent on your team. The person signing will see a request to sign from the agent on your team.
- If you are sending on behalf of an agent, you can CC the other agent if they would like to receive the completed documents email. Otherwise, only this Sender’s email address and the Recipient Signees will receive the completed documents email.
(OPTIONAL) Step 5: Before you send, you can scroll down to edit the Subject Line and Message your Senders will see.
Step 6: Send for signature. If the Sender (that's typically you, the person logged in who is preparing this document for signature) needs to sign/fill anything out, they will be prompted. Click Start to fill in your portion - In this example, it’s the property address in yellow at the top. Review the document and click Send.
That's it! You're done! Once the document has been sent, you will see the Sent Documents tab in Real Signature. The status will be Pending Signature until everyone has signed. The status will change to Complete once everyone has signed.
Stay on Top of Signatures:
If you want to see more detail, you can hover over "Sent To" to see the status of each signee.
- The hourglass denotes a signee who has not yet signed.
- The checkbox denotes a signee who has completed signing.
You can send a reminder (or resend) by clicking on the Send/Resend paper airplane icon. It will open up a “Resend to” window. Check all the people who need to sign, then click Send.