Watch our Creating Document Templates & Packets Training in Real Academy, or keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
Step 1: Access Real Signature by logging into reZEN and clicking Real Signature on the left side.
Step 2: Click Document Templates at the top.
Step 3: Upload one or more documents. You can upload documents by browsing for files on your computer / phone or dragging and dropping files onto the top section. The uploaded documents will be listed on the Document Templates page in Draft Status.
Step 4: Click the pencil icon next to the document you want to edit.
Step 5: Rename the document and add any signee roles you need. By default, we have two buyers and two sellers. You can easily add and remove signee roles as needed.
- If this document will only be signed by Buyers, remove the Sellers by clicking the x next to Seller 1 and Seller 2.
- If this document typically requires a Lawyer, Agent, or other type of Signer, click Add Different Signees and select the type of Signer for the document.
Step 6: Create your template by dragging and dropping fields onto the document you uploaded. Read below for tips.
- Click the dropdown to change the person who will sign / fill the field.
- For example, if you have two Buyers, click Buyer 1 and drag a Signature field onto the form where the Signature needs to go. Then, select Buyer 2 and drag a Signature field onto the document where the second Signature needs to go.
- If there are items you need to fill out before sending the document (e.g. address, sale price), select Sender from the dropdown, then drag/drop the field. You will be prompted to fill these items out before the document is sent for signature.
PRO TIP: save time by using fields that are pre-filled based on information in your (agent) profile, or transaction.
- Brokerage fields are pre-filled with Real's information. Choose from: Brokerage License ID, Brokerage Address, Broker Name, Broker Phone, Broker Email
- Agent fields are pre-filled with information from your reZEN profile: Agent Name, Business Phone, Business Email, Agent License #
Transaction fields are pre-filled with information from the transaction: Full Address and individual address elements, MLS #, Escrow # (US-only), Year Built (US-only), Est. Closing Date, Email (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Note: if there is no transaction associated with a templated document, the transaction fields become optional text fields that you as the Sender can fill out before you send for signature.
- Roles are color-coded on the top left panel so you can easily keep track of who is signing / filling each field.
- If a field must be signed / filled out to execute the document, click the field and mark it required on the right side.
- If you need to edit many fields, simply drag your cursor over the fields to reassign or delete.
- You have three options for the signature date:
- Date & Time: This will display the date and time the document was signed. Example: 10/15/2023 5:55AM PDT
- Signed Date: Date-only field. Example: 10/15/2023
- Signed Time: Time-only field. Example: 05:55 AM PDT
Step 7: Once all the fields have been added, review the document.
- Make sure the field color corresponds to the correct role (e.g. Buyer 1 is green and the signature block for Buyer 1 is green and above the first signature line for the Buyer).
- Make sure all required fields are marked required. To edit this, click on the field and check the required field on the right side.
Step 8: Click Publish to finish the template. The template will be accessible in the Document Templates tab of Real Signature - or click Publish & Send to save the template and send it to someone.
That's it! You created a template. Moving forward, you can quickly edit this template and send it for signature.
- How do I create and send a packet (multiple forms) for signature?
- How do I send a document for Signature?
- How do I know if my Document was Signed?