Before you can close, your deal needs to be reviewed and approved by your Broker.
Just to re-cap, you've completed the following:
- Entered the Deal in reZEN
- Uploaded all Documents on your Checklist
- Calculated & Approved the Commission
Now it's time to get Broker Approval:
What is Broker Approval?
Every transaction needs to be reviewed and approved by your State Broker. Your State Broker makes sure all required documents are uploaded and compliant.
- If your transaction says waiting for all broker-required checklist items to be uploaded and accepted, you need to work with your Broker to Verify Compliance.
- If your transaction says Compliant, you can move to Step 5: Send the CDA
Please note: if you are used to being paid at the table for closing (also known as "Split Check"), you will not be authorized to be paid at closing until the file is marked compliant by your Broker
You can also see which transactions have been marked compliant by going to My Transactions in reZEN and looking at the "Marked Compliant?" column on the right.
How do I get Broker Approval?
Step 1: Please upload all required documents to your Transaction Checklist
- Need help uploading documents? See Step 2: Upload Transaction Documents
- Once a file is uploaded successfully, the status will change to Pending . This means the document is ready for your Broker to review.
- Your Broker will receive a notification and review the document for compliance.
Step 2: Confirm all required documents have been Accepted by your Broker. Once your Broker approves the document, the status will change to Accepted.
- If you see Revision Requested, your Broker rejected one of your documents. You will see a note next to the item indicating why it was rejected (e.g. missing signature, wrong document) so you know how to fix.
- Make sure you have your notifications turned on so you receive email and push updates if a document is rejected. See: How to Turn on Transaction Notifications.
You and your broker can communicate directly with you using the in-app communications feature. You can see comments on specific checklist items. Learn more: How to communicate with your broker & Real on a transaction
That's it! Once the CDA and all required documents are approved by your Broker, the status at the top of your transaction will change to Compliant. You will see the status below and will be able to send the Commission Document. Go to Step 5: Send the CDA.
If these steps are complete, but you are not able to send the Commission Document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to move your transaction forward in the process.