If you would like to be paid as a corporation (business entity), you must first follow all steps to register your PREC with your provincial real estate council. Then, you must update your tax information in your agent profile in reZEN.
Before you update your profile:
- You must comply with all provincial requirements - learn more here.
How to update your profile:
How to update reZEN with your PREC (desktop):
Desktop instructions are below - click here for in-app instructions.
- Login to reZEN. Click My Dashboard on the left side of reZEN. Then click Overview.
- The Personal Tax ID section must be filled out - even if you want to be paid as a business entity. Click show next to your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to make sure your SIN is correct. If you need to make a change, click + Add or + Edit.
- To be paid as a PREC / Corporation, you must fill out the Business Entity Tax IDs section. Click + Add or Edit.
- A module will open. Enter the information for your business and click Save. You will need -
- Your Business Entity Name - exactly as it appears on your registration documents
- Your Business Number - exactly as it appears on your registration documents
- Your GST/HST/PST/QST number for your business (you can copy/paste the same one if you are only registered in one province).
- Once your reZEN profile is updated, click Tipalti Account on the left side. This will open Tipalit, our third party payment processor, in a separate tab. Please update Tipalti with your PREC information - How to setup your Banking (direct deposit / eCheck) in Tipalti
How to add your PREC to reZEN - In-App Instructions
In-app (mobile) instructions are below - click here for desktop instructions.
- Open the Real reZEN app on your phone
- Click the hamburger menu (three lines in bottom right corner), then click See Profile and scroll down to click on Tax Information.
- Click the pencil icon next to Business Entity Tax IDs to edit your corporation / PREC information. You will need to enter your Business Number (BN) and corporate GST/HST/PST (if you only have one number you can enter the same for every field). Click Save when finished.
- Back in your profile (click the three lines in bottom right corner, then click See Profile), scroll down and click on Payments (Tipalti). This will open Tipalti, our third party payments processor. Please fill out information for your PREC here: How to setup your Banking (direct deposit / eCheck) in Tipalti