Real offers three team types to support your business structure:
- Standard Team: this is for traditional team structures where there is a team leader. The team lead carries a full $12k cap while team members enjoy a reduced $6k cap. Team members must pay a minimum 10% split to the team lead.
- Marketing Team: this is great for teams that work together, but don't have a formal or ongoing transaction fee structure. In a Marketing Team, every member is on a full $12k cap and there is no required transaction fee.
- Domestic Team: this is for two related family member (must live in the same household) who operate as a team.
The table below outlines the differences of each team type, including some of the key requirements and differences.
|Team Member Cap:||$6,000||$12,000||N/A|
|Elite Eligible?||Team Lead Only||All Members||Team Lead Only|
|Minimum Production Requirement?||$5M||N/A||N/A|
|Minimum Split to Team Lead?||10%||N/A||N/A|
At least 2 members
At least 2 members
Maximum of 2
See more: What is a Domestic Team?
Which Team is right for me?
There are a few considerations when starting a team:
- Do you plan to create a structure or operate as co-agents?
- If you plan to create a structure, with a clearly defined team lead, then consider our Standard Team. Under this plan, the team lead is on a $12k cap and is Eligible for Elite Agent. Other agents are placed on a $6k cap, but must pay a minimum of 10% split to the team lead on all transactions.
- If you plan to operate as co-agents (i.e. you may share some transactions with each other, but. not all), consider a Marketing Team. Under this structure, you are all on a $12k cap (and eligible for Elite) - and you are free to refer transactions or share commission income in different ways on each transaction.
- Do team members want to be eligible for Elite?
- If all the members of the team want to be eligible for Elite Agent, you should choose a Marketing Team or continue to work as Solo Agents.
- Under our Standard Team agreement, only the Team Lead is eligible for Elite Agent Status. Similarly, on a Domestic Team, only the lead agent will Earn Elite Status.